This website and its content is copyright of St.John Whiteinch No. 683 Hereunto referred to as 683© 2019 All rights reserved
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content for individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- This site aims to comply with the copyright of any statement, organisation ,artist. Any such copyright infringement is accidental.
- Parties who believe that their copyright has been infringed should contact the webmaster to have the material removed from the site
- The Lodge 683 copyright is claimed only for original material, designs and arrangements.
- The authors of Lecture hold the copyright and Lectures should not be reproduced, other than for personal use, without their consent.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by 683 and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of 683. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, 683 takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- 683 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- 683 may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 2019.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information ( email address )
What we do with the information we gather
- We only require this information for you to register on the site and/or allow you to post to the site after authorization and provide you with a better service
Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our web site.
- We will only email you in response to requests sent to us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other Masonic websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please Contact the Lodge Secretary
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email the Webmaster as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Acceptable email use policy
Use of email by Office Bearers of 683 is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of st.John Whiteinch .
However, 683 has a policy for the use of email whereby the user must ensure that they:
- comply with current legislation
- use email in an acceptable way
- do not create unnecessary risk
- Do not use of 683 communications systems to set up personal businesses or send chain letters
- forwarding of 683 confidential messages to external locations
- distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, pornographic, obscene or illegal
- distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered discriminatory, offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist, or might be considered as harassment
- accessing copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright
- broadcasting unsolicited personal views on social, political, religious or other non-business related matters
- transmitting unsolicited commercial or advertising material
- undertaking deliberate activities that waste networked resources
- introducing any form of computer virus or malware into the corporate network
Last Updated on 4 years by David Gillies